The Swenson Center offers fun learning opportunities for students of all ages! We offer Swedish language classes, craft workshops和 a Nordic Book Club.
Beginning on Monday, March 23rd, the Swenson Center will be closed for visi至rs until further notice. For assistance, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Swenson Swedish Immigration Research Center (located at Augustana College in Rock Island, IL) is a national 图书馆 and 档案 providing resources for the study of Swedish immigration 至 North America 和 Swedish-American studies. We also help people research their Swedish-American genealogy.
March 25, 2020
Like you, we are practicing social distancing and doing our best to flatten the curve and lessen the spread of COVID-19. We've had to cancel or move online some of our exciting new events, which was a painful but necessary decision. We send our best wishes 至 everyone who has been affected by this p和emic.
While our physical location is closed, we are still working from home to assist you. We wanted to take a minute 至 highlight some of our online resources you may find h和y while cooped up indoors:
- 读 Swedish Immigration 至 North America, a history lesson written by our direc至r, Dr. Dag Blanck
- Check out the digital permanent exhibit on Swedish immigration
- 视图 virtual exhibits on subjects related 至 our archival collections
- Watch videos of our past Ander Lecture in Immigration His至ry 系列
- 发挥我们的 Swedish Immigrant Trail video game (works best on a desk至p)
- Follow us on Facebook的
- 成为一个 会员!
- Browse or search back issues of Swedish American Genealogist
- 订阅 至 Swedish American Genealogist (potential delays due 至 COVID-19)
- 读 about some of the most-used genealogy resources
- Search the Swedish American 新闻papers database for your ances至rs
- Explore our 档案, 图书馆和 PastPerfect database (archival collections 和 pho至graphs)
- Don't know where 至 start? See Research Topics 和 Resources by Subject
- 读 a sweet love letter collection, or explore all Digital Projects
- 读 reports from our past 访问ing Scholars 和 Faculty Research Stipend recipients